Reduce your gas and electricity costs today.
Matt Grange Gas & Oil Heating Services and the team are experts in gas boiler installations and oil burning boilers
Heating & hot water typically accounts for over half of what you spend on energy bills, so an efficient boiler makes a big difference!
If your boiler is more than around 15 years old it will be much less efficient than a modern version, installing a new boiler in your property, along with modern controls could save you a fortune. The chart below applies to an average detached house and demonstrates the savings which could be made.
Modern boilers and controls can achieve up to 98% efficiency
Other benefits include:
- Lower your carbon footprint
- Peace of mind with up to 12 year guarantees
- Improved reliability
- Improved warmth in your home
Energy Useful Tips to reduce your gas and electricity costs and carbon emissions at home
With a rise in the cost of living this year, there’s never been a better time to cut your energy bills and be kind to the planet. We’re here to help and have put together some tips to help you and your family reduce your energy use to help in these uncertain times.
Did you know over half of our energy bills spend goes on heating and hot water?
Turning your heating down by 1°C can save you around £105* a year on your bills.
*Estimated figures correct as of April 2022
It's important to look at your home heating habits and see if there are small changes you can make to save some money.
- Turn down your thermostat. Just one degree lower could save you some cash. Why not set a timer on your thermostat for your heating to come on only when you need it.
- Don't heat the rooms you’re not in. Individual radiator thermostats mean you can adjust the temperature in each room accordingly.
- Keep doors between adjoining rooms shut. This way, you stop the heat from escaping.
- Run your heating for slightly less every day. Even using a little less energy each day adds up over time.
- Bleed your radiators. This removes any trapped air that stops them from working as efficiently as they could.
- Check your boiler's output. Most people aren't aware that you can adjust the temperature on your boiler as well as your thermostat. Combi boilers' factory setting tends to be 80 degrees but you can actually set it to 65 degrees for maximum efficiency.
- Block out unwanted gaps. Draught-proofing is a usually cheap and easy way to keep the heat in.
- Keep the heat in. Simply closing your blinds or curtains in the evening can also stop the heat loss. Just be sure your curtains don't cover the radiators.
- Insulation is another fantastic way to keep the warmth in.
Are you looking to replace or service your boiler?
Did you know that you can save up to £840* a year on your gas bills by replacing an old G-Rated boiler with a new energy efficient A-rated boiler.
The technology used in new boilers today is far more efficient and a boiler replacement could save you significantly with costs. To get the most efficiency out of your boiler an annual service will check it’s running at it’s best and keep it in top condition to last you for longer.
To ensure our customers receive a high standard of workmanship and professionalism, our company is
accredited and monitored by several trade and industry bodies.